Monday 2 January 2017

New Year Roundup

I thought that with the beginning of the New Year I would try to bring some clarity to all the projects I'm working on and plans I have for this year. 2017 is an important year for me, because it might mark my last year as a writer. If I don't start making appreciable money this year I'll have to get another job and I probably won't have energy to write. I definitely won't have time or energy to publish. So, what do I have in my arsenal?

My first project is to publish some m/f in the mainstream. I have one book, Fallen Angel, and a series of paranormal romances that just need revision so my goal for January is to sub Fallen Angel and finish revising the first book of the "Fallen" series (no connection) to sub either at the end of the month or the beginning of February.

I have two books - "Angel's Heart" and "Pretty Little Thing" subbed with Wayward Ink Press, so I'm waiting for news on those. Both of them are squarely in the contemporary romance category and are Young/New Adult.

I've almost finished the sequel of "Pretty Little Thing", "Pretty Little Rockstar" which I hope to sub in the next couple of months.

The rights of Draven's Gate have recently reverted to me, so I need to get a move on subbing than one out again. There's a temptation to write in some steamy sex scenes and bump it up to an adult audience. I don't know. Maybe.

I'm working on Book II of a Contemporary/Fantasy series, which has a few romantic elements, both m/f and m/m.

I'm working on Book IV of Enigma and two other works that may/may not come to fruition but are quite exciting. At the moment, my passion is with a paranormal romance involving Frankenstein's monster (as you never pictured him before) and Dracula, with zombies thrown in. It seeks to answer questions such as "What happens when a zombie bites a vampire?" and "What happens when a human (kind of) is bitten by a zombie then turned into a vampire?"

I also have a year of reading and reviews, thanks to Simply, one of the most awesome review blogs out there. Thanks to them, I'm reading more than I have in years, and I must remember to post reviews here as well as out there on the web. I must also remember to post reviews of books I've read just for myself. There have been some wonderful ones recently.

So this is my writing plan for the year. Marketing, promotion and sales plans are notably absent. because I just don't know where to start. I'm thinking of using the last of my savings to employ someone to do it for me but it's a risk I'm scared to take at the moment.

I think that's about it for now. I hope I get somewhere and I wish the same for all of you. May 2017 bring us all closer to our hopes and dreams than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment