Wednesday 3 September 2014

Wednesday Briefs. Cyan Chapter 16











I haven't been in very consistently lately, as I've been moving house. We're all settled now, so Cyan should be showing up more regularly. This week I've chosen a fun prompt and had the guys watching cartoons on their fun evening.

After kissing for a while, Cyan startled the pants off Robin, not literally, by leaping off the bed and running out the door. Left to wonder what the heck he’d done now, Robin nervously crept out the door and down the stairs. He heard Cyan’s voice from the kitchen. It was loud and upset. Or was it excited? Or hurt? It was impossible to tell and made Robin very nervous indeed. What was Cyan telling his mother?

While he hovered outside, the door flew open and Cyan came bounding out, so fast he almost knocked Robin over. “Tell her,” Cyan demanded. “She won’t believe me. She says I’m leaping to conclusions and making demands like I always do. Tell her.”

“Tell her what?” Robin asked, his nervousness growing fast.

“Tell her you’re my boyfriend now.”

“I… Um… I don’t know,” Robin stuttered. Was he? He hadn’t really thought about it. He hadn’t really thought much at all. He’d been too busy kissing.

“I’ve told you, honey,” Cyan’s mother said patiently, “you go too fast. A few kisses doesn’t make Robin your boyfriend. Robin has a lot to think about. Why don’t you ease back and give him space.”

Robin smiled at her, his heart overflowing with gratitude. He did need space. Things were moving so fast. Was he ready to be Cyan’s boyfriend? Did he want to be? Did he want to be anyone’s boyfriend? No. Definitely not. Definitely not anyone’s boyfriend. Maybe Cyan’s. Probably Cyan’s. He realized Cyan was gazing at him with highly anxious eyes. His stomach did a weird little flip. Oh yeah. Definitely Cyan’s.

“It’s alright,” he said. “I don’t mind. I’d really like to be Cyan’s boyfriend.”

The way Cyan lit up made Robin’s heart thump and flutter to a point that was almost painful.

“See,” Cyan said smugly to his mother.

“Have you really thought it through?” Cyan’s mother asked, and Robin wondered why she was trying to spoil things.

“I don’t understand.”

“Have you thought what your parents are going to say? Your friends? The kids at school?”

Robin’s heart slammed to a stop and he actually clutched at his chest. No. He hadn’t thought it through. He hadn’t thought it through at all. He couldn’t imagine telling his father about Cyan, and what would it be like at school if everyone thought he was a…? If they knew he was a…?

“I…didn’t think.”

“Are you alright?” Cyan asked anxiously. “You’ve gone awfully pale.”

“I don’t know if I can. At school. My father…. I don’t know. I just don’t know.” Robin raised terrified eyes to Cyan’s mother and she smiled reassuringly. Before she had a chance to open her mouth, however, Cyan growled, his hands on his hips.

“What do you think I am? I’m not that stupid. Robin hasn’t been gay very long. He’s not used to it. I’ve always been gay. But I’m not going to make him do it all in one go. He’s got enough on his hands learning to handle me, without having to handle all of that. He’s my boyfriend, but he’s my secret boyfriend – for now.”

“F…for now?”

“Until you want to stop it being secret. I’ll never tell. I promise.”

If Cyan’s mother hadn’t been there, Robin would have kissed him until his lips were sore. Cyan didn’t have the same compunction and threw himself on Robin. Ronin automatically put his arms around Cyan and hugged him close. He was grateful Cyan didn’t kiss him because he might have died of embarrassment if he had.

“You seem to have got over your dislike of being touched,” Robin murmured in his ear.

“I’m getting there,” Cyan murmured back. “You’re going to have to touch me a lot more so I can develop a tolerance.”

So he did.

They held hands constantly, and Cyan practically sat on his lap as they cuddled on the sofa to watch The Simpsons. Robin had never laughed so much in all his life. Cyan was a born comedian, with a talent for mimicry and dry observational humour. Robin would never look at Bart Simpson in quite the same way again.

Cyan’s mother proved to be a great cook and fed them a constant stream of homemade treats and snacks, and proved to be as lively and witty company as her son. By the end of the evening Robin felt as if he’d known them both for all his life.

Things changed somewhat when he got home, however. From the moment he walked through the door his mother started badgering him about where he’d been all evening. It was good natured, and she obviously thought he’d been with a girl. The problem was, he couldn’t help blushing and squirming when she asked searching questions, leaving her convinced he’d been on a date and hungry for details. Robin couldn’t wait to escape.

As soon as he closed his bedroom door on even more questions, Robin threw himself down on the bed and called Alex.

“Hey man, where you been?” Alex asked. “We’ve been calling you all night.”

“You won’t believe it.”

“Don tell me. You’ve been getting the gay on with Cyan.”

Robin’s mouth dropped open. “What did you say?”

“Well, it’s pretty bloody obvious to me. And that’s where you were going isn’t it? Don’t stress. It’s cool with us.”

“But…. Screw it. Know what, yeah. I was with Cyan and we kinda got together – but it’s on the down-low, dude. I’m not ‘coming out’ or anything. I’m not really…well, I guess I am…but I’m…. 
I’m seriously confused, mate, but I don’t think I’m gay, at least not….well…completely. I mean don’t find men attractive.”

“Don’t sweat. You think too much. You’re into Cyan. Why wouldn’t you be? He’s hot as hell. Kinda crazy but hey. Not my bag, but I can see you guys together. Don’t worry, I’m not going to freak about bending over in the shower or anything.”

“Since when have I ever showered with you?”


“Metaphorical, dude. Metaphorical.”

And now, off you go to read the rest of the tasty morsels on offer today

No comments:

Post a Comment