Saturday 25 January 2014

Ice Fairy - Interview with the Fairy Godmother S L Danielson



  1. Which of your supporting characters plays the biggest role in progressing the story.
That would likely be Brett. He’s the one that starts the wheels in motion with his dream propelling things. (spoiler...letters begin the conversation).
  1. Which of your main characters was the biggest pain in the ass to write.
Omigod, that was Amber. I don’t like writing female characters much; but this one was whiny and a pita.
3.      Do you use any writing programs? If so what and how easy are they to use, if not is it because you don't know of any or have you looked at them and decided they're not for you.

I use Word for everything. It’s been the one I’ve used for over a decade now and despite sweeping changes in the latest editions; I adapted and still love it.
  1. If you could make a film out of any of your books, which would it be and which characters would your cats play? 
LOL! Now that’s a Nephy question. J Since none of the current books have cats in them (shocking, I know)… let’s pretend. I’d love “For the Heart of Phillip” to be a movie and the cats can be cast as Phillip’s pets.
  1. What's your favourite film? If the film were to be re cast with animals, which animals would play which part.
On an animal kick? Ha ha. Maybe a Missouri Mule? My favorite film is “Interview with the Vampire” and if it were to be recast with animals; a donkey would be Tom Cruise/Lestat, a tiger would be Brad Pitt/Louis, Armand/Antonio Banderas would be… a bat and Claudia/Kirsten Dunst? An owl.
  1. What's the favourite book you've read this year
“Face In the Window” one of yours. I love it! It’s exactly the type of thing I like to read.
  1. What was the first book you can remember reading.
Amelia Bedelia or Clifford the big red dog. One of those. I read 10 books a night.
  1. What book has had the greatest impact on you.
I’d say…Marta Randall’s books. “Haven” I believe was the title. It had a gay scene in it that kinda jumpstarted my journey.
  1. Who is your favourite author?
I don’t have an absolute favorite; but I enjoy your works, William Maltese, and Marta Randall.
  1. What was the first thing you wrote? How much do you think you've improved since then?
The first thing I wrote was a story about a model when I was 12. I’ve gone leaps and bounds beyond that since then for sure. I had no detail; all dialogue. Now it’s nearly reverse that.
  1. What's your greatest fear?
Greatest fear? Obscurity.
  1. What's your greatest hope?
Greatest hope? For half of my dreams to come true.
  1. Where do you see yourself in five years time.
This is turning into a job interview. (lol). In five years I want sorely to be a CPA and making fantastic money but also being an author and doing what I was born to do.
  1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why
You know me…Ireland. Not Dublin; but the countryside. Live rurally but with internet connection of course.
  1. If you could holiday anywhere in the world where would it be and why
Ireland again; but also Germany and Britain of course! I’d do anything to make it across the pond.
  1. If you had a million dollars what would you buy
After hugging my coworkers farewell, I’d buy a house, pay off my debt, help my family, and invest the rest.
  1. What part of being a successful author do you think you would enjoy the most?
I adore it when people write me and they’ve had such an emotional response to the story. I’ve had several that were very pissed with Phillip and literally tossed the book to the wall! I love that I got through to them on that level and made a connection. It’s every writer’s goal and dream to do so.
  1. Which famous person would you most like to see play one of your characters and which one.
Oooh. I’ve thought this one out a little. (hehe) Shaun White for Billy (yes, my Billy) and Chris Hemsworth for Brett or Erik. (They’re both Nordic and gorgeous).
  1. What have you got planned for S L Danielson in 2014?
For me? Let’s see…this new series has four more books, plus a spinoff series that I’m just starting; plus our series, Upstaged has another installment due out soon. Plus Alpha Lambda House. Plus another series that’s spun off from the Southern Comfort series.
So, Seriously…ha ha..pun intended! Lots of writing to do and lots coming.


And where can you get this awesome book?

All Romance

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview, I always love your questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wants to read the same interview they've read twenty times before with slightly different answers? At least with mine they're fun to answer (I hope) although when I asked which characters your cats would play, I didn't mean as cats :) Can't you imagine Jack as Billy, or Cali as Erik?

    ReplyDelete